We know that the need for physical and occupational therapy does not stop during times of global crisis. We are excited to offer our patients an alternative option for care for those who want to take additional safety precautions.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth physical therapy is simply physical therapy services that are provided over a technology platform, instead of in a clinic. Utilizing video conferencing through a computer, tablet, or smartphone, a licensed physical therapist will work one-on-one with you to assess your condition and provide real-time feedback. They can also provide modifications and recommendations on current programs and exercises, and help you continue your PT progress without disruption or regression.
For answers to some other common questions about telehealth, visit our Telehealth FAQs page.
Benefits of Telehealth Physical Therapy
- Provides an option for patients looking to take extra precautions during this time of time of change and uncertainty.
- Allows patients to participate in their physical therapy treatment from the comfort of their own home.
- Can be used to complement your in-clinic treatment plan.
- Quick access to care with no office wait.
- Diagnosis, consultation, education and care management of their current condition.
- Minimizes requirement to travel to a physical therapy clinic.
- Telehealth PT also allows patients who live in a rural or far-away location to get quality care right at home.
- Gives patients greater freedom to schedule appointments that meet their own specific schedules.
My therapist has been working with me on my neck and shoulders issue. He continues to provide physical therapy online… the online therapy will keep me going forward with my mobility and not slide backwards. – Becky, Physical Therapy Patient
My recent experience with Telehealth was excellent—“the next best thing to being there”! We “met” & addressed all issues, including questions that I had. At home exercises will make sure that all the progress I had made will continue! – Jane, Physical Therapy Patient
I have had two telehealth appointments this week, and they are so helpful and easy to do. My therapist was able to assess where I am, and tell me what I need to do until I can return for therapy there. I have experienced improvement doing the exercises he has me doing at home. I’m surprised how much can be accomplished over the internet! I’m grateful they are making this available. I’m sure I would not be able to maintain what I have accomplished since my last appointment without these online appointments. Give them a try. – Jacquin, Physical Therapy Patient
I had my first Telehealth appointment, and it went really well. The app is pretty simple to use and it was good for my therapist to see my living environment. He was able to give me some tips for things to do at home to continue my progress through a challenging time. So far, so good! I am experiencing fewer and fewer symptoms each day, so long as I keep up my exercises! – Mary, Physical Therapy Patient
To schedule a telehealth appointment, begin by finding and contacting the clinic closest to you using our location finder.